Followers

Tuesday 2 July 2013

1/2 scale anyone?

I have been saying for ages that I don't want to do a dollhouse. Too much time, not enough space!
Recently I started to dream of building a 1/2 scale dollhouse. I posted on the yahoo Group Canada Minis, asking if anyone knew if 1/2 scale kits are ever available at our show and sale in September. Carol, a wonderfully generous member of our mini group, showed up to give me a ride to an estate sale a couple of weeks ago, and she had a 1/2 scale dollhouse kit that she offered to give me! I was very astounded at her generosity and very pleased.
Carol didn't stop there. I bought mostly small items at the show and sale, lace trim, small grocery items.
Carol saw several cute 1/2 scale items and insisted on buying them for me :) I was like a kid at Christmas.
Here is a picture of the kit that Carol gave me:


I think this will be an ongoing project for me, since I don't have the time and the money to do it very quickly! I have about 3 shadow boxes for friends or family that I want to do, and keep working on my Etsy shop.
I have already started dreaming of how I will decorate the house. I really like the greenleaf 1/2 scale bathroom kit. Here is a picture of it:

This kit can be ordered locally through Hobby Wholesale

I like their bedroom kit too, but it's not available to order locally

I'm not planning on buying a lot at the show and sale. Maybe a couple of 1/2 scale items, if they have them :)

I've actually picked out the 1/12 scale dollhouse of my dreams as well, I'm not sure when I'll buy it, can I justify spending that much on a dollhouse? :P


The 1/12 house comes assembled, with furniture, accessories, and a doll family. Someday... We all have our dollhouse dreams, don't we?



22 comments:

  1. How exciting, Ruth! I'm so happy for you. The dollhouse kit looks very elegant as is, in my opinion. I'm sure it'll look even more so with paint and other decorations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh to have many many projects and plans, that is the mini folk way is it not? ;)

    At least the half scale house will not take up a lot of room, I think it will be a great project to work on over time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a nice long term project. It will be nice to work on something I'm not planning on selling or giving as a gift :)

      Delete
  3. Ruth, congratulations on your beautiful house. Enjoy it. It is a project you can work on very long.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ruth! I hear that 1/2 scale is VERY ADDICTIVE! hahah Have fun getting hooked. Was the estate sale that you attended the one that Maureen (St. Albert Minis) helped organize? Maureen was showing her purchases from a recent estate sale a week or so ago, and so I wonder if it was the same one.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the same sale! It was an amazing sale. I had some great finds and I could have jumped out of my skin I was so excited that Carol gave me that kit!
      I thought about writing a post and sharing everything I bought but last week was so crazy. I will post tonight or tomorrow with my latest pamper basket. Been working on those and designing miniature labels.

      Delete
  5. I have one of these kits. It's a big project. Lots of pieces, lots of painting. It's a super cute kit. Best of luck. Indypoppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, feeling daunted by all the pieces. Still, there is no rush and I'll take my time. I think it will be lots of fun :)

      Delete
  6. The dollshouse is wonderful. I really like the structure. Enjoy!
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faby! I like the structure too!
      XX
      Ruth

      Delete
  7. Im so jealous, now I want a 1/2 scale house! :) have fun decorating it..those little baby houses can be addictive you might wind up with more than one.

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the greenleaf website hun! Click on store to see all of their 1/2 scale furniture kits. Almost all of their houses are now available in 1/2 scale.
      I still want a 1/12 house :P

      Delete
  8. Great news, Ruth! Your new house is adorable, and the 1/12 scale house you've picked out looks really fun. I'd pick one like that too. Maybe you'll get the 1/12 scale house for Christmas plus birthday? :-) xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol from our mini group GAVE me the house. She said she no longer wanted it. She's been doing minis for 30 years and mostly works in 1:48 (quarter scale) now.
      Once I never thought I would do half scale, or quarter scale. Now I'm looking forward to doing both, eventually. I wish I could get by on 2 hours of sleep. Or clone myself. Too many mini projects, not enough time!
      XX
      Ruth

      Delete
  9. What a delightful little kit, Ruth! I haven't tried half scale yet; I think I'm a bit intimidated by the furniture aspect of it. It looks like you have found some good selections for that. I'l looking forward to seeing what you do with your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I hear from my customers that the best 1/2 scale furniture is in England. Have a great time with it. It sounds like you are going to be super busy for the next couple of months.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline
    P.S. Will definitely pray for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the best Caroline (((Hugs)))
      I found a British website where the best deals are. Ironically, even though the pound is worth so much more than the dollar, it's cheaper for me to buy British than American because shipping is less expensive from the UK.
      There is one online dollhouse store in Canada that stocks Half Scale stuff, but the selection is pretty limited!
      XX
      Ruth

      Delete

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...