Hello all my lovely followers! I have been feeling anxious about getting everything done for the show and sale, so I decided to write out a list of to do items and share it with you, and then put all the tasks in my day timer
Design template for cardstock display boxes Come up with a flexible template for pamper baskets
- Design labels for strawberry themed pamper basket
- Buy 2 part yellow mold putty
- Assemble more cardstock display boxes
- Make Vanilla Cupcake Bath Set
- Make a yellow flower themed Perfume, Bubble Bath, Bath Powder and Bath Salts Pamper Basket (Need to do more research to come up with the best flower!)
- Make a Sugar Plum Themed Bath Basket
- Make leather and fabric covered beauty cases
- Buy supplies to make a miniature loofah
- Make some Housecoat, towel and slipper sets
- Assemble kits from Paper Minis and the Craft Pack Company and place them on a dresser or in a pamper basket (Everything arrived at once! I ordered things from the States, the U.K., and Asia (over ebay, fantastic option for Canadian Miniatures on a budget, Asia offers free shipping on most items)
- Assemble Christmas Shadowbox (easy because I can just insert the Christmas scene I made last November!
- Learn Decoupage from my friend Theresa, and use the technique to create a Beatrix Potter themed Nursery Shadowbox.
- Go visit my friend Pat so we can work on minis together because she is super organized and keeps me on task :)
- Put together my Wedding themed shadowbox (I have many of the items/supplies, I think I will need my mom's help with some sewing!)
- Create a child's birthday themed shadowbox (I decided to do this instead of a beach themed one)
- Make up business cards!
- Distribute Flyers for the show and sale
- If I have time, make up another Christmas themed shadow box and display it at The Paint Spot, a local art supply store where they know me very well since I shop for many of my mini making supplies there. They said they will display my miniatures and shadowboxes at no cost, and take a 10% commission if it sells. I am very excited about this fantastic opportunity
- Thank my Dad again for his incredible generosity! He has already made up 12 display shelves for me to sell at the show and sale, and plans to make some empty shadowboxes too. This led me to rent a six foot table instead of a 3 foot one
Besides show and sale stuff, I also need to:
- Make up Jazzi's Christmas in July gift and get it in the mail by the 15th! I am very excited that Jazzi is my swap partner. I have already decided what to make her, and bought most of the stuff I will need(part of the swap rules are everything has to be made with found objects)
- Finish the Nursery Roombox I am making for my dear friend Michelle because I am going to Calgary at the end of July to deliver it to her! (I'm almost done, so I'm not too concerned)
- Possibly make up another small miniature scene for my generous friend Marie, who gave me homemade soap and tinted lip balm the last time she was in Edmonton. (She lives in Calgary too.) Visit her fabulous wordpress blog here. She shares Natural Beauty Recipes and Yummy Vegetarian Recipes on her blog.
- Write 2 Blogging Tips Posts (I love writing and taking breaks from mini making to write is a stress reliever :)
- Write another post about trash to treasure minis that I have been thinking about for about a month
I think that will keep me sufficiently busy. I'm glad my hubby is going fishing/camping with his friends for two weeks at the end of July because that means I can make very simple meals for myself (Hello crockpot! And salads) and make minis late into the night.
That's all for now my friends I just have to cut out a mini sponge and my Blue Pamper Basket will be done and up on Etsy.
I love all of you and the support you have given me over the last year.