Followers

Saturday 18 August 2012

If you can dream it, someone will make it for you

Today I am riffing off of something which a blogger I follow, Kat Picot does occasionally. If you haven't checked out her blog you really should! http://fourlittlewalls.blogspot.ca/

She will post pictures of dreamy, dainty miniature creations that have been hand crafted by artisans and are for sale on Etsy. If you have not yet visited Etsy, you really must stop by. It is an online market for handmade goods of all sorts, from furniture to clothing to, well, miniatures!

I have been hiding from the heat in the bedroom in front of the pedestal fan, and to relax I like to search the internet for odd little miniature accessories or interesting dollhouses. I was pursuing this hobby when I came across something that made me laugh out loud. VERY loud. It inspired me to write a post that included some more unusual things to be found in miniature. I hope these pictures give you a giggle. They certainly tickled my funny bone...

It all started at this website www.denofantiquityinc.com

Never leave home without it!
These cuties would add interest to any scene!














Nantasy Fantasy is a Miniature artisan that I have heard others rave about and now I understand why!
This is her website nantasy-fantasy.com/miniatures/

The following two pieces are an ode to Harry Potter fans, young and old.




It's the sorting Hat!
It's Nearly Headless Nick!
The last two pieces were also crafted by Nantasy Fantasy, and remind me that one day I would love to create a nautical scene. I hope you have enjoyed this little trip through the specialty online shops with me. Believe me, this is only the tip of the iceburg...






For those of you who have heard of Pinterest, I have many Pinterest Boards. One of them is  a thriving Dollhouse and Miniatures Board where I usually post pictures such as these. That is why I have added the follow me on pinterest button, to give you the option of seeing more miniatures that have caught my eye! The button is located on the right hand side, right under the Mary Engelbreit Miss Smarty Picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your feedback. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...